May is my favorite month. It is my Birthday month!!!! May 13th I will be twenty seven years old. Yes, I know I do not look my age at all. Say hello to good genes. I am so excited about this year in general you guys. A shift took place in my life on Saturday April 29, 2017 at the Intercessory Prayer Retreat that my church held. I had an encounter with God like never before! I walked out of that retreat refreshed! I walked out of that retreat with a new mindset. I waked out of that retreat wanting more! That sacred and sweet encounter amped up my priorities for this month, and year lol.
1. Seek the Lord even when I am tired. I always state this, and this will always be the number priority of mine. Seeking means searching! Going into my secret place wanting to see, hear, and encounter Jesus. I wrote about this in a previous post Your Secret Place.
2. Stop putting so much pressure on myself. I am not perfect, and I never will be. Perfectionism is bondage that entangles me from experiencing the love, grace, peace and mercy of God. I am making it a priority to live, and live abundantly. Mistakes and all.
3. Cut off social media from 12 o’clock to 1 o’clock in the afternoon. Then cut it off completely after 9 o’clock. Can I be honest? Social media is my biggest distraction. I tend to always run to it, and sometimes compare myself to what I see. Also, on Wednesdays no social media at all. Actually yesterday the Lord had me cut my phone off. He wants me to learn how to disconnect.
4. Practice self care. This is a real one. I work full time, go to school full time, and other activities. I am not getting the amount of sleep I should, and it has been affecting my health. This ties into making sure my priorities are aligned with God. I have to work, and got to school, go to dance practice, but I can choose where to go on the weekends. I can chose what to spend my time on. This goes into my next priority.
5. Invite Jesus into every area of my life. No more taking control of a certain areas in my life. Trusting him, and asking for his help in everything I do. This requires me to let go of the wheel, and let him take over in all things. Surrendering all! He does not give me pieces of Him, so why should I give Him pieces of me?
6. Carry my scripture flash cards, and during my down time read them.
7. Plan out my blog post every Sunday.
8. Continue with my morning affirmations on the drive to work!
All of my priorities are more than just goals for the month of May. These are strategies to keep me moving forward. These are strategies to help me conquer the war going on in my mind. These are strategies to help build up my faith, endurance, and trust in Jesus. These are strategies to help me win at all levels!!!! Tell me what are your May priorities?
UP NEXT ON FANCY&FEARLESS
There will be a giveaway on the blog next week for my Birthday! It will start on Tuesday May 9th and end on May 12th. I will not be posting in addition to the giveaway due to next week being finals week. I will be posting on Saturday (my birthday) though. I hope to see you back here next week to enter the Fancy Birthday Giveaway! Have a blessed day.