May 13, 2016 is the day I turned twenty six years old. A lot of trials were thrown at me this year, and it’ only May. But, I was dreading my birthday because it only informed me that I was getting older. On my weekend away I had some quiet time, and I have a new perspective about things.
- God has me right where he wants me: I had someone tell me “At twenty six you should have a degree and be able to provide for yourself.” I was already feeling down and that conversation made me feel worse. The truth is man’s timeline has no comparison on God’s timeline. God has a specific plan for my life, and no matter the age I am doing what He called me to do. The one thing that delights my heart is that I am walking the path He designed for me!
- I have the authority to cast down the lies of the enemy: We all know the enemy's goal is to steal, kill, and destroy. Whenever someone speaks something that is not what God says about me I can cast it down. Using the example above I should have said “In the name of Jesus that is not what the lord says about me. For I am His daughter, and He is pleased with me. I pray for the peace of the Lord to saturate my mind and heart, and bind that lie so it won't take up root within me. In Jesus name I pray, Amen!”
- God is pleased with me: God is not worried about my performance. He is on the sideline encouraging, supporting, and comforting me.
- Pray for those who persecute me:
44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. When the lord to me to pray for that person who said those things to me, I frowned. In my mind why would I do that, but he reminded me that it was something going on within that person. No doubt about it this was a test for me, but I put my big girl pants on and did it.
- Attacks are going to happen, so stay on prayer mode:
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
Regardless if you are the same age as me, or older I know you have been in the same boat. We put so much pressure on ourselves in what people think of us. The six perspectives that I learned are going to change my life, and I know it can change yours too! So, I pray for self-discipline! Making the habits above become apart of our daily living.