Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip & Song
There is no secret that I love Hot Spinach Dip! Now that fall is coming this is one of my hot go to dips for a night in. I looked for tones of recipes and followed some until I just went with the flow and made one I love. When it comes to cooking I am like my daddy, I have to have some music playing. So here is one of my new favorites that I played last night while making the dish.
I'm Yours - Casey J
1 can finely chopped artichoke hearts
1 10 oz frozen spinach
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1/2 cup sour cream
4 oz. softened cream cheese
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
8 x 8 baking dish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. The frozen spinach can be placed in the microwave to thaw out if you have not already thawed it prior to cooking.
3. empty spinach dip into a large mixing bowl
4. Drain out the artichoke hearts until all the juice is gone. On a cutting board slice the artichokes up into nice sizes. This was my first time using the artichokes and I just cut them up as well as I could, it does not need to be perfectly diced.
5.Add your garlic power, salt and pepper and seasoned salt. I put the measurements because that's the right way to do things. I am going to be honest I don't measure any seasoning, I start off with a little and then taste to see what is missing. But if this is your first time use the measurements and still taste to make sure the spinach is seasoned to your liking. Then mix it well so the spinach can be well seasoned!
6. Add your milk, sour cream and cream cheese. If your cream cheese is not all the way soft you will have clumps in your mix, so stir it very well so there will be no clumps of cream cheese.
7. Add in the cup of shredded cheese, once again I don't use a cup because I like mine cheesy. So by all means do what you feel this is your dish.
8. Grease your baking dish with any brand of oil so the dip will not stick to it.
9. Let it cook for 34 minutes, last night I did it for 35 and it got really crispy lol or you can just cook until the cheese is brown on top.
10. After its done let it cool down a bit before you serve. I serve mine with regular tortilla chips, any brand, flavor, size is all up to you.
This is what it looks like with all the ingredients mixed in.
This is your ending result, nice and crispy!
I hope you guys enjoy this dish, this is my second time making it and I love it.