Chicken and Waffles
I honestly think Chicken and Waffles has to be my favorite meal. I made this Tuesday night and this was my best batch of chicken and waffles. I found the recipe for the chicken on
and I fell in love with her blog. I want her cookbook as well, she had a homemade recipe for the waffles but it would not come up. I honestly don't mind the regular old waffle mix it still taste great!
- Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Pancake and Waffle mix
- 2 packs of boneless chicken ( the count matters on your family size)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons seasoned salt
- black pepper and salt
- garlic powder
- I cleaned the chicken and placed them in a bowl and seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and seasoned salt
- In a mixing bowl I added the hot sauce, Worcestershire, milk, honey and milk
- Add the sauce mixture to the chicken and place the top over the container. Place the container in the fridge to marinate for 5 hours.
- In a paper bag add flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic powder and seasoned salt (always season your flour). When it is time to fry the chicken take some chicken out of the marinade and place in the flour bag and shake it well (make sure all of the chicken is coated n flour).
- In a large skillet on high heat add some crisco to the skillet ( to see when the oil is ready toss some flour or water in the oil and if it sizzles its ready)
- Add 4 or 5 pieces of chicken to the skillet, I don't like to over crowd the pan.
- While the chicken is frying, pre heat the oven on 180. Get a large baking sheet and cover it with some parchment or foil. When the chicken is ready take it out the skillet and onto the baking sheet, place the baking sheet in the oven. This will keep the chicken nice and warm and crispy!
- I waited until I cooked all the chicken to make the waffles because they take less time.
- Grab the Aunt Jemima mix and add what the box instructs and mix it well. Once the mix is done tun on your waffle iron and once its heated spray with some cooking spray. If you don't have cooking spray grab a paper towel and placed some oil on it and rub it on the waffle iron.
- Let your waffles cook all the way though.
- Once everything is all done butter your waffle add your chicken and syrup and enjoy!